Dear IDS Members,
Welcome to the 5th issue of our new IDS newsletter!
Since our last newsletter, the IDS and many of our members enjoyed each other’s company and shared a lot of scientific news within the field of dermoscopy at the 28th EADV Congress, which was held in Madrid, Spain on October 9-13.
The IDS Board members who were present also held an informal meeting together with the Editorial board of our official scientific journal Dermatology Practical and Conceptual hosted by Editor Prof. Giuseppe Argenziano.
We would also like to take this opportunity to announce and congratulate the recipients of our first IDS Research Seed Grants:
• Ayelet Rishpon, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center NYC, NY, USA
• Philipp Weber, Medical University Vienna, Austria
• Bibush Amatya, Nepal Medical College, Attarkhel, Jorpati, Kathmandu, Nepal
• V. Kaleeswaran, Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital, Pondicherry, India
On the following pages, you will also find important news including:
• Upcoming activities & events.
• Links to our latest podcasts.
• Our active studies that you can still be a part of.
• The highlights of the latest issue of our official journal Dermatology Practical & Conceptual (DPC Journal).
• Updates on local events and courses.
As always, don’t forget to visit Dermoscopedia.org to learn more about dermoscopy and follow us on on Facebook and Twitter. We wish you all happy reading and hope to meet many of you in Denver, Colorado during the AAD!
John Paoli, MD, Assoc. Prof.
IDS Newsletter Editor
Iris Zalaudek, MD, Prof.